Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer Fights For Clients Facing DUI/DWI Charges In Moorestown, New Jersey
Law enforcement officers in Camden County and across New Jersey take drunk driving very seriously. When a cop suspects you are operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you may be pulled over and tested for driving under the influence (DUI). If arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI), you will be facing serious consequences if convicted. Heavy fines and license suspension are only two of your problems. Jail time is a real possibility for repeat offenders.
If you are facing DWI/DUI charges, don’t go it alone. Contact a serious traffic ticket lawyer who will aggressively fight your drunk driving charges. Call or email me, attorney Stephen R. Piper, a seasoned criminal defense attorney in South Jersey who understands what’s at stake when you are facing DUI charges. I know how a driver’s license suspension can wreak havoc with your life, preventing you from getting to and from work and/or school and attending to other responsibilities. I will negotiate with prosecutors on your behalf and do everything possible to get your charges downgraded or dismissed.
Facing Drunk Driving Charges In New Jersey? An Aggressive Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights.
DUI charges are serious, life-changing events under the law of the state of New Jersey. Even though the consequences of a DWI conviction include the possibility of jail time, your case will be heard in the municipal court of the town in which your ticket was issued. To successfully defend matters in the municipal court, your lawyer needs to have knowledge of both the law and experience in municipal court.
Since my days handling municipal court appeals for the Camden County prosecutor’s office, I have worked closely with the prosecutors and court staff in Moorestown, Mount Laurel, Haddonfield and municipal courts throughout New Jersey. I have been extremely successful in negotiating drunk driving charges with local prosecutors. However, if a trial is required, rest assured that I will be ready to defend your rights in court.
I will conduct a thorough investigation into your case, looking into everything from the administration of field sobriety tests to any medication you take, in order to build the best possible DUI defense. Additionally, I will review every aspect of the traffic stop and all actions taken after you were charged. Police officers are people, too, and they make mistakes. Was the traffic stop truly warranted in the first place? Were you read your rights? Was the officer who administered the breath test qualified to do so? Further, machines malfunction. Was the Alcotest equipment operating properly at the time of your test?
I know how a DUI conviction will impact your life, which is why I will stop at nothing in an effort to protect your driving privileges and your freedom. Contact The Law Offices of Stephen R. Piper, LLC, if you or someone you love is facing any of the following charges:
- DWI/DUI: Whether this is your first, second or subsequent DUI offense, it’s important to take it very seriously. If you are found guilty of driving with a blood alcohol content of .08% or above, your driver’s license and freedom are at stake.
- DUI/drugs: In New Jersey, the law views driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol in the same way. If you are facing these charges, you need a savvy defense lawyer.
- Refusing to take a breath test: New Jersey is an “implied consent” state when it comes to breath test requirements. When you accepted your New Jersey driver’s license, you gave consent to submit to a breath test when a police officer suspects you are driving under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances. Failure to take the breath test when asked to do so will result in additional serious penalties.
- DUI/DWI with a commercial driver’s license (CDL): If you have a CDL and are convicted of drunk driving, the penalties are harsh. If your ability to earn a living depends on you having a valid CDL, longtime loss of license could have a serious impact on your employment status.
- Out-of-state DWI: Make no mistake about it: New Jersey communicates with other states. If you live in another state and are convicted of drunk driving in New Jersey, your home state will be informed. If you are a New Jersey resident but are found guilty of DWI in another state, you will still get points on your New Jersey driving record.
- Underage and new driver DWI: The laws are different when it comes to an underage drinker who chooses to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. Be aware that there is a zero-tolerance policy for underage drinkers. With even a BAC of .01% or higher, an underage driver can be charged with DUI in the state of New Jersey.
- Drunk driving accidents and vehicular homicide: If you have an accident while you are DWI/DUI, you can face serious jail time and loss of your freedom. These cases are usually handled in the superior court by full-time prosecutors who will be seeking your incarceration. I have handled numerous DWI/DUI cases and homicide cases. If you are facing the unique charges of death by auto, vehicular homicide or aggravated assault by automobile, contact me right away for criminal defense.
Contact An Experienced DUI Defense Lawyer Who Will Fight For Your License
You want to do everything you can to keep your license while minimizing fines and avoiding jail time. I will look into every aspect of your arrest in order to help you build the best possible DUI defense. Offering flexible scheduling and free-off street parking, my Moorestown offices accept credit cards for all cases. Contact me today for a free initial consultation by calling 856-333-3586.