New Jersey Criminal Lawyer Defends Clients Facing Serious Charges In Camden And Burlington Counties And Across South Jersey
New Jersey law enforcement officers take criminal activity in New Jersey extremely seriously. The state of New Jersey is well-known across the country, for example, for having some of the toughest gun laws in the nation. Megan’s Law, the national sex offender registry, started in New Jersey.
Drug crimes are rampant in New Jersey neighborhoods, and police often conduct searches and seizures that may violate your legal rights. Moreover, there is little leniency when it comes to drug possession and distribution charges. The penalties for conviction of these and many other misdemeanor and felony crimes are severe and include exorbitant fines and serious jail time.
When you or someone you know is facing criminal charges in South Jersey, you need a defense lawyer who will fight for your legal rights. As an experienced and knowledgeable defense attorney, I will leave no stone unturned in piecing together what led to your charges. I am Stephen R. Piper, and I am ready to help you discredit each and every piece of evidence against you. I will fight for your rights and your freedom. Contact The Law Offices of Stephen R. Piper, LLC, today for a free consultation about your criminal charges.
Use My Experience To Defend Against Your New Jersey Criminal Charges
Often, people think that once they are arrested and charged with a crime, they have little recourse. They think that no one will believe them and that it’s not worth the fight. I believe that every single client has the constitutional right to a fair trial and a quality defense. I will work tirelessly to protect your interests as I defend you against your criminal charges.
I am a combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. While other criminal defense lawyers talk about “fighting for you,” I have proven ability to fight in the hardest of times and environments. You can rely on me to protect your legal rights. I am truly battle-tested – from combat aviation in Iraq and Afganistan to long and difficult trials in courtrooms throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
I am a former Camden County Assistant Prosecutor, so I know how the state prepares criminal cases. I understand the strategies it uses and am prepared to put his experience to work for you. I have been extremely successful defending clients charged with municipal, state and federal crimes in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. I treat each and every case as though it’s my most important one, and I treat every client with compassion. I will provide you with a winning defense strategy and will be by your side every step of the way.
Battle-Tested Criminal Defense Lawyer Will Fight Your Charges
Contact my firm, The Law Offices of Stephen R. Piper, when you are facing any of the following charges:
- Domestic violence: If you are facing any charges related to a domestic dispute, you need to talk to a lawyer quickly. Charges of domestic violence can affect your freedom, your relationship with your children and your property rights. Even without criminal charges, Restraining Orders can lead to placement on National lists of Domestic Violence Offenders which can hurt your employment and career. If you have charges related to a domestic dispute, or if a restraining order was placed against you, contact The Law Offices of Stephen R. Piper, LLC.
- Drug crimes: From possession of controlled dangerous substances (CDS) to distribution of CDS, I represent people facing drug crimes involving a wide variety of narcotics, including cocaine, marijuana, heroin, and prescription drugs and drug paraphernalia.
- Sex crimes: If you are convicted of a sex offense such as rape, sexual assault, criminal sexual contact or possession of child pornography, you will be subject to immediate and long-term consequences, including prison and sex-offender registration. I have substantial experience in defending and winning these difficult cases. Through the years of fighting these kind of charges, I have used numerous experts in many fields to aid in the defense of these difficult cases.
- Theft and shoplifting offenses: Theft offenses can result in serious penalties. Whether the charge is related to shoplifting or more serious charges, such as burglary or auto theft, I can help.
- White collar crimes: I defend people facing federal and state white collar crimes. I also handle professional license defense for my clients. I have successfully represented bookkeepers and public officials unjustly charged with embezzlement and other crimes. I have appeared for professionals who are threatened with license suspension or termination.
- Violent crimes: Aggravated assault, homicide and similar charges are frequently very dependent on a thorough investigation of the facts surrounding the alleged incident. I will conduct a thorough investigation into your violent crime charges in order to build the best possible defense.
- Weapons charges: Whether you face stand-alone weapons charges or weapons crimes on top of additional charges, I can help you minimize the potential consequences. Firearms and gun charges in New Jersey carry serious penalties, including mandatory minimum prison sentences under the Graves Act.
- Juvenile crimes: Depending on the charges, penalties for conviction of a juvenile crime can be severe, including real jail time or being subject to adult criminal penalties.
- Expungement: If you have your charges expunged, the information will not show up in most criminal background checks.
- DUI/DWI: In New Jersey, DUI/DWI is a traffic offense, not a criminal charge. However, the penalties associated with a drunk driving conviction are extremely serious. In addition to stiff fines, insurance premium hikes and loss of driving privileges, a first-time DWI conviction can land you in jail. Don’t face your DWI ticket alone; I will negotiate on your behalf with the local prosecutor in an effort to get your charges reduced or even dismissed.
- Traffic violations: Beyond DUI/DWI, you can rely on me to defend you against any traffic violation in New Jersey, from simple speeding tickets and cellphone violations to reckless driving and driving with a suspended license. I can help you avoid heavy fines and keep points off your license.
I represent clients in Burlington City, Camden, Mount Laurel Township, Willingboro and regularly appear in all Municipal Courts of Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties.
I know that police officers and other law enforcement officials make mistakes. If your Constitutional Rights were violated by an unlawful search and seizure, I will work hard to get your charges dismissed. I will investigate all aspects of the case to present the most comprehensive defense strategy for you.
Free Consultation With A Battle-Tested Criminal Defense Lawyer In Moorestown, New Jersey
I invite you to arrange a free initial consultation with me, an experienced Burlington County criminal defense attorney. I will help you better understand how I will zealously represent you. I will protect your rights and fight for your freedom. Don’t delay; the sooner you contact my firm, the sooner I can get started preparing your defense strategy. Call 856-333-3586.