White Collar Crime Defense Lawyer
Aggressive White Collar Criminal Defense Attorney Safeguards Clients’ Reputations and Rights in Camden County, NJ
While the short-term penalties associated with a state or federal white collar crime conviction — prison, stiff fines and public humiliation — are severe, the long-term consequences may be life-altering. Depending on the particular circumstances that led to your charges and conviction, you may lose your professional license which will prevent you from earning a living in your chosen field. Your family may suffer irreparable damage from your incarceration and effects of your destroyed reputation.
When you are facing white collar criminal charges, waste no time in hiring a hard-hitting, knowledgeable white collar defense lawyer like Stephen R. Piper. He will do everything in his power to fight your charges and keep you out of prison. Additionally, many white collar cases attract attention. Mr. Piper will work tirelessly to make sure your case is tried in a courtroom, not the media.
Why Choose Stephen Piper to Fight Your White Collar Criminal Charges in NJ?
Defending against financial crimes is very different from drug crimes or violent crimes. It is important for your lawyer to have a clear understanding of accounting and financial analysis to determine whether or not the prosecution will be able to prove every element of its case.
Every criminal charge presents a unique set of challenges and options for the defense. This is especially true for federal charges. When you are facing federal criminal charges, you want an attorney who has experience defending people in federal court. Mr. Piper has successfully defended countless clients against charges at the federal level, including drug trafficking, mail fraud, RICO and corporate embezzlement.
The federal court system presents a system of rules and guidelines, unique from New Jersey state and municipal courts. Handling federal criminal defense litigation requires an understanding of the different rules of evidence, different sentencing guidelines, and different laws that apply. At The Law Office of Stephen R. Piper, LLC, we know how the federal court system works and we are ready to help you build the best possible defense in federal charges including drug trafficking, drug smuggling and human trafficking activities.
In addition to the different laws and investigative bodies you face, federal judges are limited by strict sentencing guidelines. There are fewer opportunities to reduce the charges and find alternative sentencing options for federal drug crimes. It takes an aggressive, knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer to fight federal charges.
As a former Camden County Assistant Prosecutor, Mr. Piper has a unique vantage point when it comes to building winning defense strategies. He understands how the prosecution builds its cases and he will use that insight when defending you. When you hire Mr. Piper, you can rest assured he will do everything possible to get your charges reduced or dismissed and to minimize the potential consequences as he fights to protect your rights.
Common New Jersey and Federal White Collar Charges
Mr. Piper understands that even one poor judgment call can lead an upstanding person into a situation they can’t get out of alone. Before they know it, they are in too deep and the result is often serious white collar criminal charges.
- Fraud: Charges relating to fraudulent schemes can be levied on individuals or businesses. As examples: a business may attempt to purposefully deceive customers or a person can write bad checks in an effort to obtain goods without payment. Insurance fraud, credit card fraud, social security fraud, healthcare fraud and corporate fraud are some of the common schemes that result in white collar charges.
- Racketeering, Money Laundering and Counterfeiting: While these charges used to be synonymous with the Mafia (creating a need for RICO — the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act), racketeering charges are now levied on any person or illegal business that uses a legitimate organization to carry out illegal financial crimes.
- Embezzlement: If you are given the authority to manage another person’s money, you are in a position of legal trust. If you violate that trust and you steal money, you may face charges of embezzlement. This charge may also apply to someone of authority within a business. For example, if a CFO skims money from company profits, that may be considered embezzlement.
- Computer Crimes: People and companies rely on computers for countless activities. There are numerous types of illegal hacking activities that may result in computer-related criminal charges. When someone obtains information from an unauthorized computer, it may be considered criminal activity.
- Identity theft: If a person uses another person’s identifying information (signature, social security number, credit card, bank account numbers) to commit fraud or theft, ID theft charges are likely.
If you are facing charges stemming from any illegal financial activity, you owe it to yourself and your family to do everything to fight these charges.
Call Today to Request Your Free Consultation with an Aggressive White Collar Crime Defense Lawyer in Moorestown, NJ
With the risk of going to jail or losing your career, you want to do everything you can to fight against white collar crimes charges and protect you rights. From his offices in Moorestown, Mr. Piper offers flexible scheduling options and free off-street parking. He will come to you when necessary. He accept credit cards for all cases. Contact The Law Office of Stephen R. Piper, LLC right away so we can get started working on a winning defense to your white collar crime charges.