Theft Crimes Defense Lawyer in South Jersey | Camden County
Camden County Criminal Attorney Defends Clients Facing Theft Crimes
If you or a loved one has been charged with a theft crime, you want to present the best possible defense and minimize the potential consequences. You need an experienced criminal defense lawyer who will investigate the events that led to your charges and work tirelessly to mount a winning defense on your behalf.
At The Law Office of Stephen R. Piper, LLC, we defend people in Moorestown and across New Jersey facing any theft charges. We fight to achieve the best possible outcome in your theft case, whether the result is a dismissal of the charges, an acquittal at trial or reduce the charges you face.
Aggressive Lawyer Fights All Theft Crime Charges for Clients in Moorestown and Surrounding Communities
Attorney Stephen R. Piper is a former Camden County assistant prosecutor. His experience working for the state provides him with a unique perspective about how prosecutors strategize and put together their cases. He will put that experience and knowledge to work for you if you are facing charges for any of the following theft offenses:
2C:20-3 Theft by Unlawful Taking (This is a catch-all charge, commonly levied when the circumstances don’t fall specifically into another category of theft covered by NJ statute.)
More specific theft charges include:
- 2C:20-4 Theft by Deception
- 2C:20-5 Theft by Extortion
- 2C:20-6 Theft of Property lost, mislaid, or delivered by mistake
- 2C:20-7 Receiving Stolen Property
- 2C:30-8 Theft of Services
- 2C:20-9 Theft by failure to make required disposition of property received
- 2C:20-10 Unlawful taking of means of conveyance
- 2C:20-11 Shoplifting
- 2C:20-13 Concealment of Material from a Library
- 2C:20-16 Operation of facility for sale of stolen automobile parts
- 2C:20-17 Use of Juvenile in theft of automobiles
- 2C:20-18 Leader of auto theft trafficking ring
Prosecutors determine the degree of theft based on the value of what was stolen:
- Disorderly Persons Theft Offense: up to $200
- 4th Degree Theft Offense: $200.01 to $500
- 3rd Degree Theft Offense: $500 to $75,000
- 2nd Degree Theft Offense: over $75,000
Burglary is a more serious theft charge in New Jersey. Under N.J.S.A. 2C:18-2, you can be charged with burglary is you enter a property without permission with the purpose of committing a crime; remain in or on property when you know you do not have permission to be there; or trespass on utility company property. Burglary is a third degree crime. If convicted of this theft crime, you may face between three and five years in prison and a $15,000 fine.
It takes an experienced criminal defense lawyer to successfully fight theft charges because mounting a winning defense requires in-depth knowledge and creativity. There are often many sides to a theft accusation; Mr. Piper has significant experience weeding out the truth and using it to defend his clients against theft charges.
Contact a Dedicated Theft Defense Lawyer Today about Your Charges
Stephen R. Piper is ready to help you build the best possible defense for your theft offense charges. He will fight to get your charged lowered and, whenever possible, dismissed entirely. His office is conveniently located and offers flexible scheduling and payment plans. Contact our Moorestown law office today for a initial consultation about your charges.